AMERICAN ANTI-CORRUPTION ACT
Represent US is working hard to stop political bribery, end secret money and give every voter a voice. Their movement is passing Anti-Corruption Acts in towns, cities and states across America... all the way to Washington, DC
PEOPLE POWER PROGRESS UPDATES
- In November 2016 Washington (I-1464) and South Dakota (Measure 22) will vote on statewide Anti-Corruption Acts.
- Missouri and San Francisco are voting on limiting campaign contributions
- Anti-corruption resolutions in the Illinois counties of Boone and McHenry
- In May 2015, the unanimous Supreme Court upheld a Hawaii law banning contributions from government contractors.
- Since November 2014, Indiana, Oregon, Arkansas and Virginia have all passed ethics reform laws.
- On Nov. 4th, 2014, voters in Tallahassee, Florida, made history by approving the first city Anti-Corruption Act in the United States by an overwhelming 2 – 1 margin. More cities are getting ready to follow...
- In 2014 in Arkansas, Warwick Sabin, a freshman legislator was able to pass Issue 3 – an amendment to the Arkansas Constitution that bans corporate contributions to candidates, bans all gifts from lobbyists to lawmakers, and extends the “cooling off period” that a former lawmaker must wait before becoming a lobbyist from one to two years.
ACTION STEP 1: Watch Represent US' videos,
ACTION STEP 2: Sign their pledge
ACTION STEP 3: Spread the word!